The Logan Women’s Health and Wellbeing Centre provides a full range of health and wellbeing services for women. We empower women from all walks of life to make informed choices and to actively participate in their own health care within a safe women’s only space. We aim to provide a welcoming and supportive space that nurtures growth, blossoming and resilience.
Our Vision is optimal health for all women in Logan City and the surrounding areas.
Our Mission is to invest in the future of women’s health and wellbeing in Logan City and the surrounding areas by enhancing access to innovative and comprehensive women’s health services.
Our Values are based on feminist principles and the social model of health underpins our work. We recognise that women’s health needs are determined by the complex relationship between the physical, social, emotional and economic aspects of their lives. We encourage their voices, celebrate their strengths and advocate for their rights.
What you can expect from us
- We will provide services and accurate information as quickly as possible.
- We will refer you to a more appropriate service if necessary.
- We will respond within 5 working days to written client complaints.
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect, and in a fair and equitable manner.
How you can help us to assist you
- Be informed of the service we provide.
- Respect the staff and volunteers.
- Show courtesy to your fellow members.
- Supervise your children at all times.
- Accept there is a certain code of conduct while visiting a community venue.
- Contact our reception team if you need support.
Tell us how we are doing
If something happens that you like or do not like about our service, please let us know. We want to ensure your issues are heard.
You can tell us in a way that suits you.
- Contact our Consumer Representative on the Management Committee - Andrea Donaldson who is in the Centre on Fridays.
- Talk to the Manager if the issue is not resolved.
- Call our reception on 07 3808 9233.
- Drop us a line or an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services
At Logan Women’s Health and Wellbeing Centre we embrace and value the differences women bring in terms of culture, language, religious background and sexual identity.
Accessibility and Cost
All areas of the Centre are wheelchair accessible including designated parking available on site. If there are any other special requirements, please let the Centre know before the visiting.
We try to keep the costs associated with our activities and counselling sessions to a minimum to ensure that our services are accessible to all women within the community.
No formal referral is required, just call (07) 3808 9233 or visit the Centre personally and make an appointment at Reception.
The Centre is located next to Kingston Railway Station and in easy walking distance from nearby bus stops along Kingston Road.
There are currently 12 women working on staff with a number of others working with us on a casual basis when required, coming from a wide range of disciplines. We are all highly skilled, passionate about our work and dedicated to improving the quality of life for the women in our community and beyond.
OUR MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE (MC)
Our management committee is currently made up of seven very generous women coming from all walks of life who volunteer their talents and time to administer the governance function of our organisation, keeping us healthy and strong.
MC Members for 2012-13
Chairperson - Anne McGuire
Vice Chair - Denise Alexander
Treasurer - Denise Alexander
Secretary- Di Taylor
Consumer Representative - Andrea Donaldson
General Members - Maria Moreira, Elaine Braniff, Shannon Fentiman
Acting Manager - Christine Kernke
Staff Representative - Rotating